Stories are uploaded to the Gay Flash Fiction blog on a continuous basis.
We encourage new writers to submit their work and established writers to use our site for experimental fiction.
Submissions will be welcomed on any theme and in any genre, provided there is a GLBTQI (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex) connection. Please only submit one story at a time.
Unfortunately, we cannot pay for publication.
We accept the following types of submissions with strict adherence to the word limits. Please note that a reasonably short title is not included in the word count.
- Flash Fiction (under 1000 words)
- Short poems (under 500 words)
- Related artwork
Please note this is not a forum for pornography.
We require that you agree to our terms and conditions and your submission of a piece of work to us will constitute an acceptance of those terms and conditions (listed below) by you.
Terms & Conditions
By submitting work you agree to accept the following terms & conditions:
- Your story stands alone
- Is GLBTQI (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex) themed or friendly
- Is not fanfic
- Contains no pornography (eroticism is fine). The piece should focus on the story, not the sex.
- Contains no racism; excessive gore; or other obscenity
- Is written in English
- Has been edited and proofed. The only editing we will do will be minor proofing. If, in the opinion of the editors, the story requires further editing it will not be accepted.
- You assign us First Electronic Rights for a period of three months from the date your work appears on our site. If your work is published elsewhere before it appears here you must advise us and withdraw your submission
- After the three months, your work will remain accessible on our site. If you wish it removed from our site you need to advise us or by e-mail
- The decision on whether to publish is made by our Editors and is final.
Gay Flash Fiction offers no editing. Please ensure your submissions have been edited before posting. For self-editing advice, please click on the above link.
We request that you format your story in the following way:
- Send your submission as an attachment to an email
- Include your name, email address, and date the story was written
- use MS Word file or rtf (rich text file)
- Use single spacing
- For paragraphing do NOT indent but use double spacing.
Please Include the following information in the email for your submission
- Subject for your email: GAY FLASH FICTION SUBMISSION
- Your name/pen name
- Email address for us to contact you
- Number of words in submission
- Short biography (25 words max)
Let us know if you want to include a contact link, and supply website, facebook, email or appropriate link details
By sending this submission, you agree to the Terms and Conditions listed above. You certify any enclosed biography to be true and accurate, and authorise its publication.
Submissions are sent to the Gay Flash Fiction email box.
PLEASE click on this link
to post your submissions to this
(If you do not use MSOutlook, right mouse click over the link and select
‘copy email address’ then paste that address into your email program)