Stories are uploaded to the site on a continuous basis.
We encourage new writers to submit their work and established writers to use our forum for experimental fiction. We require that you agree to our terms and conditions and your submission of a piece of work to us will constitute an acceptance of those terms and conditions (listed below) by you. Unfortunately, we cannot pay for publication.We accept the following types of submissions with strict adherence to the word limits. Please note that a reasonably short title is not included in the word count (a title for a very short ficlet should be no more than two words and for a microfic, one word.)
- Ficlets (under 1000 words)
- Short poems (under 500 words)
- Related artwork
Please note this is not a forum for pornography.
Submissions will be welcomed on any theme and in any genre, provided there is a GLBTQI (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex) connection, and multiple submissions may be accepted but please don’t have more than three active submissions at any time.
Terms & Conditions
By submitting work you agree to accept the following terms & conditions:
- Your story stands alone
- Is GLBTQI (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex) themed or friendly
- Is not fanfic
- Contains no pornography (eroticism is fine); racism; excessive gore; or other obscenity
- Is written in English
- Has been edited and proofed. The only editing we will do will be minor proofing. If, in the opinion of the editors, the story requires further editing it will not be accepted.
- You assign us First Electronic Rights for a period of three months from the date your work appears on our site. If your work is published elsewhere before it appears here you must advise us and withdraw your submission
- After three months, your work will remain accessible on our site. If you wish it removed from our site you need to advise us in the submission form below, or by e-mail
- The decision on whether to publish is made by our Editors and is final.
Please Include the following information in the body of your submission
- Subject for your email: GAY FLASH FICTION SUBMISSION
- Your name/pen name
- Email address for us to contact you
- Number of words in submission
- Short biography (25 words max)
Let us know if you want to include a contact link, and supply website, facebook, email or appropriate link details
By sending this submission, you agree to the Terms and Conditions listed above. You certify any enclosed biography to be true and accurate, and authorise its publication.
- Please use Rich Text formatting (RTF)
- For paragraphing use DOUBLE SPACING.
Gay Flash Fiction offers no editing. Please ensure your submissions have been edited before posting. For self-editing advice, please click on the above link.